Re: [tlug] [OT] Strip Kanji from a document for study purposes

Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:
JB > Examples? It works as expected for me (it only works for the main file -
JB > usually "glossdic", and doesn't work for hiragana-only matches, although
JB > I could fix that.)

>> Well, I copied in a block of text that I wrote, and made double sure to
>> select "no repeated translations". I'm using "glossdic" as the dictionary.
>>
>> The word "英語" ("eigo", in case the kanji comes out wonky) appears in
>> the first sentence and the seventh sentence. And, the translations come
>> back with it in the list following the first sentence, and also in the
>> list following the seventh sentence.
>>
>> And now that I'm looking more closely, I notice that in the fifth
>> sentence, I have the word "色々" ("iroiro") in the sentence twice, and
>> it appears in the following word list twice.

Are you sure you ticked the correct box? It's the one to the *right*
of the "no repeated translations:".  I just tested it with a nonsense
line: 日本語は日本語は日本語は

Without that option ticked I got:
    * 日本語 【にほんご】 (n) Japanese language; (P); EP
    * 日本語 【にほんご】 (n) Japanese language; (P); EP
    * 日本語 【にほんご】 (n) Japanese language; (P); EP

as expected. With that box ticked I just get:
    * 日本語 【にほんご】 (n) Japanese language; (P); EP

Also in the displayed text, the 2nd and 3rd occurrences of 日本語
are brown to show that they are a repeat and hence no translation is
displayed.

>> So that indicates to me that maybe the "no repeated translations" option
>> maybe isn't working. Perhaps a bug?

Not here. If you sent me the text you used I could test it.

>> I can send screen shots if needed. I'm using FireFox on Ubuntu.

Before and after shots, showing which options are selected would help.

Cheers

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554