Re: [tlug] [OT] Strip Kanji from a document for study purposes

Jim,
> Examples? It works as expected for me (it only works for the main file -
> usually "glossdic", and doesn't work for hiragana-only matches, although
> I could fix that.)

Well, I copied in a block of text that I wrote, and made double sure to
select "no repeated translations". I'm using "glossdic" as the dictionary.

The word "英語" ("eigo", in case the kanji comes out wonky) appears in
the first sentence and the seventh sentence. And, the translations come
back with it in the list following the first sentence, and also in the
list following the seventh sentence.

And now that I'm looking more closely, I notice that in the fifth
sentence, I have the word "色々" ("iroiro") in the sentence twice, and
it appears in the following word list twice.

So that indicates to me that maybe the "no repeated translations" option
maybe isn't working. Perhaps a bug?

I can send screen shots if needed. I'm using FireFox on Ubuntu.

> "sort -u" is good for duplicates   8-)}

Thanks for the tip!

--
Dave M G