Re: [tlug] Default Mysql configuration files; PHP database . . . . . . . . (was Re: Socket error when connecting to MySQL)

TLUG,

Wait! Nobody move or touch anything! It's working again!

After a rather exhaustive web search, with a fair amount of luck involved, I discovered that there was, installed already on my system, an example configuration file called my-small.cnf in /usr/share/doc/mysql-server-5.0/examples/

So, I copied it over to /etc/mysql/my.cnf, and rebooted for good measure (I know, I could have just restarted MySQL, but old Windows habits die hard).

And now all is good.
PHP scripts working? Check.
phpMyAdmin working? Check.
Zend working? Check. Well...

There is one last thing. To make Zend happy (and if I had just done this at the beginning, I would have avoided all this chaos), I created a symlink to the mysqld.sock file:
sudo ln -s /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock mysql.sock

But, it seems that whenever I reboot, the symlink goes away. I guess because the mysqld.sock file is created each time the MySQL server starts (?).

So... Is there a way I can make the symlink stick?

--
Dave M G