Re: [tlug] Socket error when connecting to MySQL

On 15/07/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

I've resolved the Zend studio/MySQL socket issue[.]
But, clearly in my earlier attempts to find a solution, I've munged up
my php.ini file or something, because now not only does phpMyAdmin not
connect, no PHP script that I run locally will work.
[...]
Any idea on where I might have messed up?

Nothing jumps out at me from reading your email. You need to get in
the habit of making backup copies of your config files whenever you
start making changes, so you always have the option to go back to a
known good configuration.

We discussed a few options for this in another thread: from cp to tar
to revision control systems. See if you can find it in the archives,
if you did not read it the first time. Searching for "alain" and "rcs"
may do the trick. It was a fairly recent thread, either this month or
late last month.

-Josh