Re: [tlug] Sony: Proprietary Junk

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 20:48:25 +0900, "Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon"
<ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:

> Do the "Creative" ones sound okay?  I've got a couple of friends who
> swear by them, but they were only talking about cost and reliability
> - no mention of the sound quality was made....

My next one will be a Samsung, merely because they're almost all
compatible with OGG-Vorbis files. I have over 4 gigs of .ogg files here
(all ripped from CDs I bought, don't worry :o) and I'd be really
disappointed if I had to convert them to MP3 format. At equivalent
bitrates, MP3 sounds like crap next to OGG so I'd need to convert the
OGG files back to WAV and from there to MP3 at a much higher bit rate,
therefore using much more disk space (and with extra loss).

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Windows is a chicken-wire mosquito net.

		-- Morely Dotes in NANAE, 20-Jan-2006