[tlug] The Virtue of Postscript . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Re: print setup: letter vs. A4; Postscript module for HP LJ4+)

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I've had lj{4,5,6} printers for years, and never really missed native
> Postscript (except for the nice Adobe Japanese fonts).  Ghostscript
> has always supported HP printers really well.

Even though HP printers are among the best supported, I have run
into a number of pdf files and web pages that printed differently
with and without Postscript. Whenever there was a difference,
it was the non-Postscript printing that was wrong.
The differences are usually small, but whenever there was a
noticable difference, it was always the non-Postscript
printing that was inferior. The most common blemish is
bad uneven spacing between letters in text.

Of course, your YMMV.