[tlug] Command Line is Good to Learn . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(was Re: Which X Driver for VIA Chipset Micro ATX? [SOLVED])

Joseph Essertier wrote:

> I don't know why it worked, but this time, unlike before I re-installed
> using the vesa driver, when I simply edited the XF86Config-4 file and
> added "1280x1024" to the disply section, and restarted, presto!  The
> screen is sharp and clear, and photos look great!

Congratulations. Obviously, you did the right thing by hacking the
configuration file. Continue to learn how to do that from the
command line. Also continue to learn how to backup files,
and start and stop X from the command line.

It's not a matter of if, but when you'll need the command line.