Re: [tlug] Which X Driver for VIA Chipset Micro ATX?

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:25:35 +0900, Joseph Essertier
<essertier@example.com> wrote:

> I get about 3 pages of stuff like this:
> Subsystem: 1106:0314
>         Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 8
>         Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
>         Capabilities: [80] AGP version 3.5
>         Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
>
> But I can't tell which is the graphics card section.  Is there some
> word I can search for?

Don't bother. The subsection you supplied looks like a graphics adapter.

PCI vendor 0x1106 is indeed VIA Technologies. Device 0x0314 is unknown.
You have yourself an unsupported graphics adapter there, so if you
can't get it working as a straightforward VESA device then you're out
of luck, I'm afraid. I suggest you deactivate it in the BIOS and
install something supported. If the mainboard doesn't have an AGP slot
for you to do that then I'd look for one that does.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Real programmers don't write in FORTRAN.  FORTRAN is for pipe stress
freaks and crystallography weenies.  FORTRAN is for wimp engineers who
wear white socks.