Re: [tlug] Which X Driver for VIA Chipset Micro ATX?

    >> So look at the config files that Ubuntu made.

    Joseph> When Knoppix was starting up, there was a line that said,
    Joseph> something to the effect of "Video card: unknown device,"
    Joseph> and to the right of that, "XFree86 (VESA) server," which
    Joseph> means that it's using vesa, right?  Maybe I should just
    Joseph> re-install Debian and choose vesa for the driver.  Here is
    Joseph> the Knoppix config file screen section:

Wrong section.  We need to see the Device section.  If the hardware is
at all modern, the Screen section will take care of itself once the
driver for the card is configured.

Just send the whole file.  Bandwidth is not that expensive; send all
the information you can get your hands on, unless you have reason to
believe it's (a) proprietary or (b) a security risk.  (More precisely,
if you're willing to read it to the end to figure out which parts you
need to send, it's probably short enough to send. :-)