Re: [tlug] Japanese Input on Centos

Jason Hall wrote:

> I have been trying to set up basic Japanese input on a CentOS4 machine.

> ... scim/anthy ...

> ... canna/kinput ...

The easy way to install the Japanese IME is to select the
Japanese language during the initial installation
as one of the languages that the machine will use.

I get the impression that you are trying to add Japanese IME
_after_ installing Centos. It can be done, but requires much
more expertise. If you don't want to use the default IME,
then of course you're stuck having to be an expert.

Are you just trying to get any Japanese IME to work,
or are you trying to get a specific non-default IME to work?