Re: [tlug] Something is eating my disk space

On 30/06/06, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:

    Dave> du -kx --max-depth=5 ./ | sort -n -r | head -25

If you have your own virtual root, why are you doing du on ./ (the
current directory) and not / (the virtual root)?

Because I did not know that he had a virtual root. I did offer the
caveat that depending on his hosting layout, he might need to change
the path. I assumed from his response that he did so, and ended up
running:

du -kx --max-depth=5 / | sort -n -r | head -25

Dave, is this the case? And please do paste the output of the above
command--25 lines is hardly too much for a list post. :)

Cheers,
Josh