Re: [tlug] Something is eating my disk space

Dave M G wrote:

> Are there some commands I could run at the prompt that could help me
> locate files or directories that are over a certain size?

If you want to find individual files larger than a certain size then you
can try this:

find / -mount -type f -size +100M -ls

or

find / -mount -size +100M -exec du -h {} \;

The -mount option will stop find from descending into other file
systems. You will need to run this on each mount point (use df to find
them).

These commands will not help you if the problem is thousands of small
files consuming the space.

Regards, Keith