Re: [tlug] Another Lap on Fedora Upgrade Treadmill (was Fedora is fun to play with, but poor for servers that face the web )

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 11:01 +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> On Jun 23, 2006, at 10:03, Jim wrote:
>
> >> Now that FC5 is out, FC4 support declines dramatically.
> >> When the next version of Fedora comes out,
> >> support for FC5 will drop dramatically.
> >
> > Here comes FC6 (and the abandonment of FC5):
>
> I don't think "drop dramatically" and "abandonment" are quite fair.
> The Fedora project continues to maintain one release prior to the
> "current" one, and the Fedora Legacy project provides security
> updates for earlier releases.  There is a distinction between fixes
> and new functionality, which is where this thread started.
Here here!

Thanks for repeating what I said earlier BUT making it much more clearer.

But I cant afford another plane ticket.

BTW my Fedora Core Server is just fine on the web.

E./