Re: [tlug] Power Consumption Cost

Jim <jep200404@example.com> writes:

> Let's use a wild arse figure of 100 Watts consumption for
> a five year old computer with one hard drive.
> At 10 yen per kWh, that would be about 8760 yen per year.
> At 25 yen per kWh, that would be about 21900 yen per year.

This is the reason why I abandonned the idea of hosting my server at
home. Since I don't use too much computing power, I can afford to be on
a shared hosting (virtual machines using xen, btw) that costs about $15
a month for a 128MB memory plan and 6GB disk space.. The price is
roughly the same as having it at home :).

Evan