[tlug] Scim/Anthy on SUSE - stop auto-starting

I recently upgraded from SUSE 9 to 10.1 and am very happy with the
improvements.  I thought it was a good time to try to wean myself off of
Canna (which sucks - sorry to those who like it), so I started looking
into Anthy.  Tried using it with uim, got Segmentation faults. Bleah. So
I installed scim.  Works like a charm, and wow - much better overall
than Canna/kinput2.  Thanks to Scott Robbins for his informative pages.

One thing I particularly like is the ease with which I could change the
"trigger" key sequence (the one that toggles J input on and off).  With
kinput2 it is shift-space by default, and I think it's (supposed to be)
possible to change it, but was never able to actually make it work.  For
anyone who types fast in English (or at least for me), shift-space is a
disaster because I accidentally change to nihongo input practically
every time I type the word "I".

One minor issue I'm having is that scim seems to start itself up
automatically when I boot (it runs 3-4 separate processes), and I'd
rather not have it do that.  I'd rather run it by hand when I need
it.  It doesn't appear as a system service (under YaST2 runlevel),
and the only reference I can find is as some kind of XIM startup
script under /etc/init.d (can't remember details now and don't have
the machine here).

Does anyone have a clue how I can turn off this auto-starting behavior?
This may be more a SUSE than a scim question, but...

Thanks,
Dave

Salt Lake City, Utah