Re: [tlug] auto-shutdown at certain temp application?

Micheal E Cooper wrote:
> Edward Middleton wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 10:13 +0200, Godwin Stewart wrote:
>>

>>> I don't know if it's even possible to know the temperature of a SCSI drive.
>>>

>> Well it is reported by smartd[1] but as to how meaningful the
>> measurement is I don't know.
>>
>> Edward
>>
>> 1. http://tlug.jp/ML/0603/msg00010.html
>>

> Thank you for the link. I really feel like a fish out of water at these
> times. It had not occurred to me to just ask the machine how hot it is,
> even though I knew about SMART and cpu temp readings.
>
> In the archives, there is no reply, and there is no "previous by
> thread," so allow me to ask why you wanted to turn off temp reporting.

Because it reports whenever the temperature changes irrespective of
whether it is out of range, you really only want the warnings when the
temperature is too high.  I ended up modifying the code to disable the
continuous temperature reporting, so now it should only report when it
is too high.

Edward