Re: [tlug] auto-shutdown at certain temp application?

Edward Middleton wrote:
On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 10:13 +0200, Godwin Stewart wrote:
I don't know if it's even possible to know the temperature of a SCSI drive.
Well it is reported by smartd[1] but as to how meaningful the
measurement is I don't know.

Edward

1. http://tlug.jp/ML/0603/msg00010.html

Thank you for the link. I really feel like a fish out of water at these times. It had not occurred to me to just ask the machine how hot it is, even though I knew about SMART and cpu temp readings.

In the archives, there is no reply, and there is no "previous by thread," so allow me to ask why you wanted to turn off temp reporting.

mec