Re: [tlug] auto-shutdown at certain temp application?

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:49:27 +0900
Scott VanDusen <Scott_VanDusen@example.com> wrote:

> I'm still a bit wary of this new liquid cooling technology, so I would
> like to have some script that checks the temp of the CPU and then if it
> hits a certain degree sends out a mail and then performs a shutdown.

Instead of a shutdown, you could also do the following:
 * Suspend.
   This is a faster relief for the cpu than the shutdown process.
 * Change the cpu_freq.
   This will greatly reduce the processor temperature with the added
   benefit that the system will be still usable (hopefully).

Just some thoughts.