Re: [tlug] Tlug Digest, Vol 6, Issue 8

"Michael(tm) Smith" <smith@example.com> wrote:
JB > I have a sample page with some JIS X 0212 kanji and accented characters
JB > at: http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wip.html

>> Thanks. It helps to have something to real to test with.
>> By the way, why does it have the "You are/are not using Opera."
>> line (just asking out of curiosity).

wip.htm; (WIP = work-in-progress)

It's a page I use for testing things. E.g. Javascript like:
<script>
if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera') != -1) {
	document.write("You are using Opera.");
}
else {
	document.write("You are <b>not<\/b> using Opera.");
}
</script>

>> ...... Nevertheless, some other browsers do
>> actually seem to support it. I tested your page in Firefox 1.5 and
>> Konqueror 3.5, and both of them display the JIS212 characters on
>> your page correctly.

And to answer Stephen's question, they displayed fine with Firefox
running on Win98SE.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554