Re: [tlug] JIS X 0212? Any example "mixed charset" pages?

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:20:29 +0200, "Michael(tm) Smith"
<smith@example.com> wrote:

> Yet, given that relatively few Japanese sites seem to use UTF-8, and
> that JIS X 0212 is not well supported, I'm left wondering how
> instances of these kinds of "mixed charset" pages are actually
> encoded in the real world.

I'd have thought that such web pages use HTML identities such as
&eacute; and &icirc; instead of the 8-bit characters. In this case, it
hardly matters what charset is used.

See http://www.bonivet.net/tlug/test.html (and view the source).

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com