[tlug] JIS X 0212? Any example "mixed charset" pages?

Does anybody have examples of non-UTF-8 web pages that mix
Japanese characters with European accented characters? If so, what
encoding do they use? My (very limited) understanding of Japanese
encodings leads me to believe that the way they are likely to be
encoded (if there are actually any of them in the wild) is in
EUC-JP, and that they would need to assume JIS X 0212 support in
whatever browser is use to view the pages.

The set of characters that JIS X 0212 adds support for are shown
here:

  http://kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~yasuoka/CJK/jisx0212-1990.gif

Most of them are additional kanji, but it includes characters for
European languages also ("a ring", "e acute", etc.).

But I've heard that Internet Explorer does not support JIS X 0212,
so it would seem unlikely that anybody would actually create EUC-JP
pages that rely on JIS X 0212 support. Yet, given that relatively
few Japanese sites seem to use UTF-8, and that JIS X 0212 is not
well supported, I'm left wondering how instances of these kinds of
"mixed charset" pages are actually encoded in the real world.

  --Mike