Re: [tlug] sylpheed vs sylpheed-claws

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 00:05:14 +0900
"Hector Akamine" <akamine@example.com> wrote:

> Could somebody who has tried both recommend me one over the other? In
> the past it seemed that Claws was like the "unstable" or "devel"
> version of Sylpheed, but now it seems it is no longer so. I have
> googled a little but couldn't find a good comparison of both programs'
> strengths and weaknesses.

Hi,

It's been a long time since I tried the normal sylpheed, but it was
certainly lacking lots of features back than. On the other hand, claws was
a little inconsistent while trying to add filtering and some other cool
stuff. Also version bumps regularly kill an already working setup for me,
so I just refuse to upgrade libetpan and claws when doing apt-get
upgrade ;)
I'd recommend that you try both. Other than losing some settings here and
there, you won't have trouble switching between the two. First install
the regular sylpheed and look if it has everything you need (pgp-mime,
imaps, etc. but I think these already found their way in from claws).
Then install claws to see what else it has that you might need and take
your pick.

Good luck!