Re: [tlug] sylpheed vs sylpheed-claws

On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:29:01 -0400, Jim <jep200404@example.com>
wrote:

> Something I have noticed is that new versions of Sylpheed are
> much much slower than the darn fast old versions.
> I don't know when the change happened.

That'll be when the GTK2 version was released. sylpheed-2.x will
inevitably be slower than sylpheed-1.x precisely for this reason.
However, even 2.x is still an order of magnitude faster than, say,
Thunderbird - even on this machine with a Celeron-D341 (2.93GHz)
supported by 1GB of RAM.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?  Who knows?  Who cares?