Re: [tlug] regarding Zaurus presentation

Hello!

On 15.05.2006, 09:41 +0900 Micheal E Cooper wrote:

> I am using the Sharp ROM, because I really need the dictionary,

About the dictionary:

1) the dictionary files themselves come in a standard format called
EPWING [1].
2) the dictionary software itself (zdict) is open source [2]

BTW: there are also several (free) third party dictionaries available
[3] which can be used within zdict. I'm using the KanjiDic and EDICT on
my Zaurus.

> and because I have not bought an SD memory card, which is necessary to
> install another ROM.

Yeah, that and the much better kanji input of the Sharp ROM... well, OK,
not that it recognises my futile attempts to write unknown kanjis...

> I would strongly recommend that you look into KOrganizer Independent
> (KO/Pi). It runs on Linux, Zaurus, and Windows, and the sync functions
> are wonderful.

My only problem with that: I am already using something else (Evolution)
and I do not intend to switch to KDE or any QT based application...

[1] http://www.hloeffler.info/epwing/epwing_format.html
[2] http://developer.ezaurus.com/sl_j/source/source_dl_mmjisho.htm
[3] http://www.hloeffler.info/epwing/

--