Re: [tlug] Kernel source files for latest build.

Hello,

Not sure if this will help, but.

Dave M G wrote:
In Synaptic, it says I already have kernel source 2.6.15-22.34 installed.

However, if I try this:
ls /usr/src/linux-'uname -r'/include/linux

It says "file not found".

Make sure you are surrounding uname -r with back ticks and not single quotes. I don't think this will work anyway :-(

You might have more luck with

ls /usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r`/include/linux

Also, /usr/src/linux may be a symlink to the source of the currently running kernel, so check that out as well.

In my usr/src directory, it has the following:
dave@example.com:/usr/src$ ls
libglx.so
libglx.so.1.0.8756
linux
linux-headers-2.6.15-19
linux-headers-2.6.15-19-686
linux-headers-2.6.15-20
linux-headers-2.6.15-20-686
linux-OLDVERSION.1143471235
linux-source-2.6.15
linux-source-2.6.15.tar.bz2
modules
rpm
Try using the kernel-header debs instead.

apt-cache search linux-headers

if you see the one that matches your needs then try something like

apt-get install  linux-headers-2.6.15-22

Then to confirm :-)

ls /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-22/include/linux/

Regards, Keith