Re: [tlug] MySQL 4.1.15, or MySQL 5.0?

Godwin Stewart wrote:
On Sun, 7 May 2006 14:06:23 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

The problem with the discussion is that neither you or Godwin posted
any references to back up your points.

How does a link to the PHP manual showing the chapter for PHP4 classes and
objects not back up my claim that OOP has been around in PHP since before
PHP5?

Granted, there was a major (needed) overhaul in PHP5, but it can't be
claimed that PHP5 *introduced* OOP to PHP.

I am sorry that I did not know it was introduced in 4. I did not mean to spark a fast discussion. It's interesting to know that there was OOP in 4, but it wasn't liked by programmers and that 5 presented a complete OOP implementation which caused a lot of code to break.