Re: [tlug] temporarily blocked by smtp - probably Thunderbird issue

On May 7, 2006, at 07:35, Micheal E Cooper wrote:

Now, I assume that I was temporarily blocked because Thunderbird tried to
send the message without first properly connecting to the server.

One possibility is the server is configured to require you to check mail via POP or IMAP before sending. If the server allows the option of authenticating to the SMTP server, you should take advantage of it. Enable it in the Security and Authentication section of Thunderbird's Outgoing Server configuration.

(And since you can SSH to the server and it appears to be set to allow relaying from that host, an alternative would be to run your outgoing mail through an SSH tunnel.)

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/AI8A                            GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/