[tlug] PHP 5 (was:MySQL 4.1.15, or MySQL 5.0?)

TLUG,

I was looking over the web sites Josh provided about PHP 5, and one thing confused me. Some of the remarks on one of the articles said that PHP 5 has no Unicode support.

I find that very odd, as I use Unicode all the time with PHP 4. I mean, I display Unicode text and retrieve Unicode data from databases. Clearly I don't understand the implications of "Unicode support".

What is it you would want to do with PHP and Unicode that can't be done now?

--
Dave M G