[tlug] Encoding::Guess and perl 5.6

Hi there,
I have a need to do encoding guessing  of the various Japanese ( and probably other CJK) encodings for a mail processing app( in perl). The Encoding::Guess module works a treat but unfortunately for this project we are restricted to perl 5.6 for various reasons and it requires 5.7.2 or greater. Can anyone reccomend alternative modules for encoding guessing and transformations ( euc, s-jis, iso-2022-jp => utf8 ) that work with perl 5.6 ?  Jcode.pm does some of that but not all.

Thanks
Ian