Re: [tlug] 2.6 Kernel vs 2.4 Kernel: "internal s/w"

Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> writes:

> On 28/04/06, Gerald Naughton <naughton123@example.com> wrote:
>
> > Wow Jim , you`re going into detail on syntax
> > Internal s/w means that we`ve access to it
> > (even some source code )
>
> The reason that he is going into detail on syntax is that the syntax
> of your original post was less than clear. I still don't really know
> what you mean, other than (thanks to some clarification) the 2.6
> kernel is faster that the 2.4 kernel for some of your applications.
> Which applications, no-one knows.

I'm not sure what the problem is here. I understood the message
from "Gerald" perfectly -- correctly detecting that by "internal
s/w", he meant that he has access to "it" via internal (i.e.
psychic) shortwave radio transmission, and partial "source code"
for decrypting the transmissions (which, I assume, are masked in
all the typical ways -- appearing as seemingly innocuous
background conversations, noises heard on trains, coded television
commercials, etc).

Most of us here are all old hands at this stuff and "Gerald" was
right to assume that we could infer what he was really talking
about. Just as we can realize that when he wrote:

  "If Any more Q`s , lets take it off line"

...he was encoding the phrase "IAS space". Notice the capital A in
his "Any", and the backtick (as in, BACKtick) where any non-idiot
would normally put an apostrophe, and the SPACE character between
the "s" and the comma.

So the decoded message is "let's continue this discussion in IAS
space", referring of course to secure psychic ultra-low-frequency
s/w radio communication in the IAS communication plane.

So no need to beat this into the ground any further. I think "Jim"
was just quizzing "Gerald" to make sure that he really meant
psychic ultra-low-frequency s/w radio communication, and was not
just some g-man or whatever who had stumbled onto the codes and
had joined the list to fish for information.

  --Mike