Re: [tlug] Linux Filesystems Comparison Article

Shawn wrote:
> realistically though, I don't wonder if the seeming performance
> advantages outweigh the minimal risk of data loss I'd face.  It's not
> like it's truly critical stuff that may be lost anyway.  Hmmm...

To be honest I would start with
1. buying good hardware
2. make backups
3. use stable kernels
4. user raid
5. use a UPS (I have had far more drives failures then power failures)
6. worry about which filesystem

Your order might vary but unless you have done all the above it probably
won't much difference which filesystem you choose.

Edward