Re: [tlug] Installing Windows after installing Linux

Scott,

Thank you for replying.

Scott Robbins wrote:
Hrmph, did you try my page?
http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/grub.html
It's dated, but I ~thought~ I explained that one well for the beginner.
Well, I've looked at it now that you've mentioned it. Sorry I didn't check it before. It doesn't seem to come up in Google, at least not with the search terms I use, and I forget to go there directly.

Anyway, I've now edited my menu.list file as per your instructions and web site. What I have is:
title        Windows XP
rootnoverify    (hd1,0)
chainloader +1

But when I select to boot XP, it does nothing except display what it says in the menu.ls file:
Booting "Windows XP"

rootnoverify    (hd1,0)
chainloader +1

My suspicision is that this is an issue with Windows being unhappy with not being on the prime hard drive. But before I jump to that conclusion, do I have the syntax right?

Thank you for any advice.
Hey, no problem, just send me money.  :)
I've tried offering that before, and everyone argued that I shouldn't! :)

--
Dave M G