Re: [tlug] Installing Windows after installing Linux

Dave M G wrote:

That part seems easy enough. All I need to do is boot one of many versions of a Linux Live CD, and use one of many command prompt or Gnome based partitioning applications.

I think that if you backup your Linux with partimage it will also provide you with the option of backing up your MBR, and thus being able to rewrite the MBR when you restore with partimage (you can do this from a Knoppix CD). I should tell you though, that while I've done the backup part, I don't think I've ever tried the restore part (with the MBR, that is), but I guess that if you check the partimage documentation, you should be able to confirm this.

Still, your grub or lilo data file won't have a reference to boot up Windows, but that should be easy enough to write in.

Regards,

Chuck

www.acmuller.net