Re: [tlug] Printer Not Responding

Josh,

Thank you for continuing to help.

Josh Glover wrote:
...Just in case, you could run:
sudo chmod 666 /dev/usblp0
and then try a print job, but I doubt that will change anything.
Your doubts are well founded. Nothing changed.
Which driver does it recommend? Is it the same driver as you are using?
My printer isn't listed on that site. But, Canon Japan provides Linux drivers for its printers, and I have the Japanese model, so I have the Canon Japan official Linux driver for my exact make and model. I can't imagine that would be bad. In fact, on the old computer, it was these same drivers that worked perfectly.
Did you install your printer using some sort of GNOME printer wizard,
or did you use the CUPS web interface (http://127.0.0.1:631/)?
I used the CUPS interface.

I'm getting nervous now. It seems like we're hitting a dead end.

--
Dave M G