Re: [tlug] Printer Not Responding

On 16/04/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

> Here is the output of "tail -f /var/log/messages":
>
> drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 6 if 0
> alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04A9 pid 0x1094

This looks good. It means that the usblp kernel module has identified
that you have plugged a printer in, and has assigned it to a device
node.

Please show us the output of:

sudo find /dev -name usblp0 | xargs sudo ls -l

> I'm pretty sure the USB system in my computer is working on a hardware
> level. I have a couple other devices, such as a Wacom tablet and Kenwood
> USB sound device which are working fine.

Ah yes, I had forgotten that the Wacom tablet was USB.

> Josh said:
>
> > [1] Dave, please make sure to attribute properly so we know who said
> > what when and to whom. ;)
>
> Sorry, was I not doing this correctly?

Not in the message I replied to. The convention for inline replies
(the sort that we encourage, nay, require, on TLUG) is to start your
reply with a line like: