Re: [tlug] Linspire for senior citizen... (OT question/request)

First of all, thank you TLUG for the advice on getting a Linux machine to my
 father in the states. I have gone and returned (行って来た), and the wonder
ful advice I got from all of you was not used. I am sorry. His living condit
ions were so bad and his affairs in such bad shape that internet access was
not even on the radar. But thank you.

This again affirms what William Gibson mentions in Idoru, that no matter
how splendid and important we may feel the virtual infotech world is, our
physical existence and subsistence take precedence.

On 2006年  1月 14日 (土) 14:05, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon said:
> Micheal E Cooper wrote:
>>About two weeks from now, I will return to the US for the first time in 9
>>years, and I am considering getting him a PC and an internet connection.
> So - either on or off list, I hope you can report back on how it is
> going back - whether you, or the places you visit end up being Rip Van
> Winkle!

I have been making very slow progress on getting notes together about the
whole shock of re-entry, so to speak, while recovering from the trip,
catching up with work, and making it through new student registration at
my job.

However, I just posted the first episode on my LiveJournal, at
http://mccrawdaddy.livejournal.com/
just in case anybody is interested.

I will try to clean up and post the other episodes as quickly as I can,
but there is no much to consider, and my pride won't let me post the notes
that I have as they are.

mec