Re: [tlug] Running Linux and Windows on a Single Box

    J> When Windows is corrupted, it has access to Linux partitions
    J> and so can in turn corrupt Linux.

    >> Any real life examples?

    Jim> I have never heard of any and do not expect to.

In late 1994, I was dual booting Windows NT 3.5(?) beta and Linux off
an AMI SCSI host.  Windows booted the AMI host in Buslogic mode.  When
I got the release version of Windows NT, the Buslogic driver had been
"upgraded" to use some undocumented instructions, which wiped the
partition table and then some.  I threw the backups of my NT partition
in the same trashbin that the NT betas and release CDs went into,
restored my Linux partition (from ftape), and lived happily ever
after.  Even got to marry the princess.

On a modern machine you *might* be able to play tricks with the BIOS,
but I doubt they'd be all that effective once Windows goes into
protected mode---it owns your machine at that point.