Re: [tlug] Need purchasing advice for a linux compatible desktop

Joseph Essertier wrote:

> Hello. I need to start working at home, so I'm in the market for a
> GNU/Linux compatible desktop and I'm wondering if there is an easy way
> to find one. It does not need to have Windows on it, but that would be
> a plus.

Something that just occurred to me is that in this discussion, while
Dell has been mentioned, I don't think anyone has mentioned Epson Direct
( http://www.epsondirect.co.jp/ ). I don't have extensive experience
with them, but the guy who ordered computers in the section of a company
I was working at before swore by them and the one he ordered for a guy
working next to me seemed to be designed well mechanically at least, so
it was easy to work on and change parts. I have no idea how they stand
regarding compatibility with Linux though. Any direct experience with
them on the list? If there is none, spare me Google links, I'll just
look for myself.

Lyle