Re: [tlug] Need purchasing advice for a linux compatible desktop

On 4/12/06, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:
> Joseph Essertier wrote:
(...)
> >All the keyboards I've seen in the fairly large Laox down the street are
> >really low quality. The old IBM style keyboard that someone mentioned
> >sounds really appealing. Those fancy, big electric IBM typewriters had
> >great keyboards.
>
> The Funai one I'm using I bought new from a store that was clearing out
> old stock. I don't know if it's available any longer or not. I look at
> keyboards when I see them, and I haven't seen anything that I like much
> for a few years now. I'm hoping my Funai will hold out for a while.....

I'm still using a clone of the IBM-style keyboard I bought back in 92
or 93. At the time I thought it was a cheap knock-off, but it's better
than almost every other keyboard I've come across since. It needs a
good clean-out every five years or so, but the keycaps show absolutely
no signs of wear. No "Windows" keys either, and there's even a little
switch on the back to put it into XT mode.

I'm just hoping when the time comes I can find a working PS2 -> USB adapter.

Ian Barwick