Re: [tlug] Running Linux and Windows on a Single Box

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Walter Hansen wrote:

> At least to me corrupted means degraded so as to be destructive to
> itself. It would be very unlikely for a windows partition to mess up so
> badly that it messed up a linux partiton. It is remotely possible.

I dunno... Since most Windoze users never set up a non-admin account, all
it would take is some fool mis-typing a command to fdisk while trying to
set up a newly installed disk. Nothing like a freah FAT table on top of
your superblock...

I'm not quite that paranoid. Besides, I can just as easily mess up while
working on the Linux side. But if the Windoze partition was for use by
anyone other than me, I'd seriously thing about putting it on a spare
machine.

--
Joe Larabell -- Synopsys VCS Support      US: larabell@example.com
http://wwwin.synopsys.com/~larabell/   Japan: larabell@???