Re: [tlug] Running Linux and Windows on a Single Box (was Need purchasing advice for a linux compatible desktop)

Jim wrote:
> Joseph Essertier wrote:
>

>> 3. Have a dual boot setup with GNU/Linux on one partition and Windows
>> (any version from Windows 2000 or later) on another
>>
> When Windows is corrupted, it has access to Linux partitions
> and so can in turn corrupt Linux.

I guess it depends how paranoid you are and the value of the data you
are protecting.  If you are concerned about data being exposed by a
compromised windows machine, take measures to avoid it being compromised
and encrypt your GNU/Linux partitions, and use read-only media for your
boot partition.  If you are concerned about data being destroyed by your
windows machine backup your data.  You should probably also make sure
you hide your Linux partitions from windows with something like

title Windows XP
root (hd0,0)
hide (hd0,5)
hide (hd0,6)