Re: [tlug] Need purchasing advice for a linux compatible desktop

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:03:24 +0200, Botond Botyanszki <tlug@example.com>
wrote:

> Note that he said "be able to use an iPod with it" not "run linux on the
> iPod.

Precisely. I thought what I said conveyed that understanding.

> The ipod has at least an USB 2.0 interface. It shows up as an usb storage
> device if you plug the thing in.

I wasn't aware of that. I thought it used a proprietary protocol. If it is
a simple usb-storage device then lack of support of the mobo's USB chipset
is the only thing that'll prevent the OP from being able to use the iPod.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.