Re: [tlug] Here we go with the Palm Pilot

> But, to do as you suggest:
> dave@example.com:~$ ls -l /dev/ttyUSB{0,1}
> ls: /dev/ttyUSB0: No such file or directory
> ls: /dev/ttyUSB1: No such file or directory
>
> This is obviously a rather critical problem.
> But what's the deal there, because according to the following output,
> the Palm Pilot is, indeed, on ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1:

I don't use these devices so this is just a shot in the dark... but on my
RHEL3 system ttyUSB{0,1} show up under /dev/usb, not /dev. You could try:

  find /dev -name ttyUSB0

to see if your distro puts them in a subdirectory somewhere. The log clip
you posted didn't seem to actually give a full path name. Hope that helps
shed a bit of light.

--
Joe Larabell -- Synopsys VCS Support      US: larabell@example.com
http://wwwin.synopsys.com/~larabell/   Japan: larabell@???