Re: [tlug] Reiserfs: Love Gone Bad

Alain Hoang wrote:

> Perhaps there are plenty of people who have
> ReiserFS working happy for them but 'It's Not Working For Me'.

You are not alone.

I've heard more sob stories about reiserfs,
than any other significant filesystem for Linux.
The general plot is that someone tries reiserfs,
and has serious problems (especially data loss),
and retreats back to a boring stable filesystem.

Your problem is interesting in that one should be about
to repeat it. If one can repeat it, then one can debug it.
The intermittent data corruption or data loss bugs are
very difficult to figure out.

Jim