Re: [tlug] Printer Not Responding

    >> I don't know if it is important, but in addition to your
    >> packages I also have cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data

    Dave> Do you think it's a significant package? I tried downloading
    Dave> it via apt-get, and got this error message:

Yes; IIRC it contains fonts and other essentials for printing.

    Dave> The following packages have unmet dependencies.

    Dave>   cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data: Depends: cupsys-driver-gimpprint (=
    Dave> 4.2.7-10) but 4.3.99+cvs20051122.dfsg.1-2ubuntu1 is to be installed

    Dave> I never know what to do when I encounter a broken
    Dave> dependancy. Does that mean I don't get to have it?

In this case, you probably just have to wait.  I think that message is
saying that driver version 4.3.99 is going to be installed, but the
available version of driver-data is 4.2.7, and the versions are
required to be the same.  (If you don't know how to parse those package
names and version numbers, ask.  At least in Debian, this stuff isn't
really documented where non-developers can learn what they need to.)

Since these are evidently a split package (the source is a single
project, Ubuntu has split the binary packages for some reason), and
the driver is more advanced than the driver-data, I would guess by now
you've been able to download driver-data of the appropriate
version. :-)

Another possibility is that something "pinned" the version of
driver-data in your apt configuration.

What I would do is first, try a different mirror, second, wait a few
hours, try installing again, and if it fails, check the bug database.
If it's still not working tomorrow, report the bug if necessary.
Include your mirror (or say it's the primary site).