Re: [tlug] a japanese dictionary

On 4/5/06, Botond Botyanszki <tlug@example.com> wrote:
> This screnshot doesn't show it well, but it can do the same that you
> described above:
> With "Search by radical" enabled, you pick a radical from the list. It
> then gives you all the kanji with that radical. You pick another radical
> and the possibilites are now narrowed down to fewer kanji.

As I already said, Graphems are (often) smaller compounds than
radicals, so easier to recognize.
When clicking on one graphem, his software (the database behind it)
knows what other graphems can be found with the graphem chosen and
only shows the graphems which are possible.
At the same time, the program also shows the possible Kanjis.

With two (or three) graphems chosen, you probably have your Kanji already.

The basic function is very similar of course to KanjiDic but the
actual implementation is very clear, I tested it and found it to be a
very fast search.

In addition, Hans-Joerg Bibiko has implemented click events for the
Kanji list - to retrieve additional information from UniHan or Jim
Breen's online services (and others).

As soon as the program is out, I will inform the list about it.

Cheers
Michael