Re: [tlug] "Subject:" (The message doesn't need to be in the title....)

"Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" wrote:

> Why put the message in the title?

By title, I presume you mean "Subject: ".

It is as ESR/RM describe in:

   http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific

> Are you afraid people are going to
> delete your message when they see your name ...

No. That's funny. I never even thought of that.
If readers are so inclined, they could easily configure good
email programs to hide letters from any particular sender.

Actually, with a specific "Subject: " readers could decide
whether or not to read a letter without having to open the
letter first, so I'm making it easier to skip letters.

Jim