Re: [tlug] Administrivia: multiple posting addresses

On Apr 2, 2006, at 22:54, Dave Gutteridge wrote:

I tried a second time, and noticed that it was putting
"mailto:tlug-request@example.com"; into the recipient field. That didn't look
right, so I stripped out the "mailto:"; part, and then resent. But that
got me no response from the mailing list manager.
[...]
Here is the error message I got on the first attempt:

he original message was received at Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:40:49 +0900 (JST)
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

<mtlug-request@example.com>
    (reason: 550 "unknown user")

It looks like you didn't strip out quite all of the 'mailto:' since you should have been mailing tlug-request instead of mtlug-request.

So, long story short, I'd actually like to unsubscribe one address and
re-subscribe under another, but it seems from where I am that the
mailing list manager might not be working.

In that case, you may want to use the web interface instead. If you visit
  http://www.tlug.jp/mailman/options/tlug/dave%40tokyocomedy.com
you can change your email address directly instead of unsubscribing/ subscribing. (Handy if you want to preserve any other attributes of your subscription.)

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/AI8A                            GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/