Re: [tlug] Administrivia: multiple posting addresses

Jim Tittsler wrote:
Please remember that you need to be subscribed to the tlug list to post.
I have a feeling I triggered this message. Because I keep accidentally sending from the wrong address.

But...

Actually, I did try and subscribe from the email address that I prefer to use for mailing lists a while back, and got an error, but forgot to mention it. So, I tried again, and same error.

So, long story short, I'd actually like to unsubscribe one address and re-subscribe under another, but it seems from where I am that the mailing list manager might not be working.

Here is the error message I got on the first attempt:

he original message was received at Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:40:49 +0900 (JST)
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

<mtlug-request@example.com>
   (reason: 550 "unknown user")

... while talking to tlug.jp.:

>>> DATA
<<< 550 "unknown user"
550 5.1.1 <mtlug-request@example.com>... User unknown
<<< 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA

Reporting-MTA: dns; vsmtp06.dti.ne.jp
Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost
Arrival-Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:40:49 +0900 (JST)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; mtlug-request@example.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; tlug.jp
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 "unknown user"
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:40:50 +0900 (JST)