Re: [tlug] a japanese dictionary

David.

I have no idea how you are going to implement Kanji searches. There is
a lot of research going on in this direction. How to search an unknown
Kanji efficiently.

E.g., have a look at the following page:
http://cantor.ish.ci.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~julian/kansuke2.html
Just play around with it - it's fun. They might licence it to you.

Another approach is undertaken bei Hans-Joerg Bibiko.
http://bibiko.de/
He spoke about it on a recent workshop in Tokyo. By choosing graphemes
and a database behind it which knows all graphemes in every kanji
(ca.6000 Kanji), it is a very fast system for choosing a Kanji without
having it at hand or knowing it. You choose a graphem and immediately
you get information on the remaining possibilities, i.e. all the
Kanjis with that graphem. You choose a second one - and most probably
you already have the Kanji.

It is very nice software. Hopefully, it's coming out soon.

Best regards
Michael

Chinese-German-Chinese dictionary HanDeDict
http://chdw.de